We have worked in partnership with the ADHD Foundation and are proud to have been accredited with the ADHD Friendly School Award.
To be successful we have made these
6 ADHD Friendly School Pledges:
- We pledge to work with the ADHD Foundation to provide an ADHD training session for our teachers and/ or parents (twilight sessions available in the North West of England only.)
- We pledge to provide regular opportunities for all learners with ADHD to have access to physical activity and exercise during the school day.
- We pledge to provide opportunities for all learners with ADHD to learn self-calming strategies, for example, belly breathing, progressive muscle relaxation or mindfulness.
- We pledge to provide tactile resources in every classroom.
- We pledge to produce a display for the whole school and hold one assembly to celebrate the achievements of people living with ADHD.
- We pledge to set up a Parent/Carer’s ADHD Support Group.
You can find further information on the ADHD Foundation website here.